The key to keeping your jewellery looking great is knowing how to look after the metal.
Overall, we do recommend keeping your jewellery away from water / perfumed products/chemicals, to keep them looking their best.
We also have a metals guide to help you understand your jewellery.
How to look after Sterling Silver:
- Sterling Silver is a high maintenance metal.
- It is a precious metal that tarnishes easily.
- The best way to clean this is with a polishing cloth or liquid cleaner.
- A liquid cleaner is best for chains and severe tarnishing.
- Polishing cloths are best for routine cleaning.
- Town Talk is a reliable brand to use.
How to look after Stainless-Steel & Titanium:
- They are both hard-wearing metals.
- They do not require much upkeep.
How to look after plated jewellery:
- Gold Plated jewellery requires slightly more care to ensure the gold continues to look new.
- To ensure the colour does not dull or eventually fade (after continual wear) keep your jewellery away from water / perfumed products/chemicals.
How to look after Base / Alloy metals:
- This contains a mix of metal, typically copper & zinc.
- As it contains copper, there is a chance it can tarnish and turn green without proper care.
- Ensure you remove your jewellery before coming into contact with water / perfumed products / chemicals.